Sunday, January 30, 2022

New Life- Week 96 (Looking Up)

 Listen carefully because I don't dare say this too loud, but this week things started looking up a bit for 2022.  Monday I waited for the email that we could reopen the preschool and unfortunately it didn't come so Tuesday instead of going to school, I got my backsplash done in the kids' bathroom.  I still have caulking and the light to do but inching closer.


Tuesday was a roller coaster of emotions.  As I just said, I made good progress on the bathroom, but I spent the day checking my email every two seconds to see if we were going to be able to get back to preschool on Wednesday.  Finally, about 5pm, I got an email that the church had decided to stay closed through Feb 8th, but that we could petition for an exemption.  I emailed all my parents to let them know that I was prepared to keep fighting.  Shortly thereafter, I got another email from the church saying that they had granted us an exemption based on my previous pleas and that we could get back into the building on Wednesday.  Like I said, rollercoaster of emotions.  We capped off the busy day on Tuesday with Merrick's choir concert were he was, in his words, "a tourist attraction" on the back row.  


The other highlight of the week was my mom's birthday (72nd) on Thursday.  We were able to celebrate her with dinner and dessert at Emily's.



Since no weekly blog would be complete without an update on Merrick's weekly tournament, we played in McMinnville all weekend.  The boys played hard and won 3 of 4 games.  No pictures from the tournament but I did get one of Merrick working on his teams free throw challenge, in 32 degree, foggy weather none the less.


No comments:

Post a Comment