Sunday, January 16, 2022

New Life- Week 94 (Mixed Bag)

 I want so desperately to tell you that 2022 and I are now friends and that this week was better.  In some ways it was.  Merrick was back at school all week and no one else from the family got sick.  I had some congestion but after 2 negative tests, I decided it was just allergies, but who really knows.  Carrigan was also able to stay in school all week.  Elsie...not so much.

After an extended Christmas break where I was forced to keep the preschool closed because we were on quarantine, we finally opened back up on Tuesday.  We made it through Tuesday and Wednesday before the church leadership decided that the prudent thing to do as responsible community members was to close the church building.  So, after just two days of preschool I had to inform all my preschool parents that we were, once again, closing.  The currently plan is to be closed all next week too and then to reopen.  I am just hoping that they don't decided to extend the closure beyond next week.

In the meantime, since my business closure is completely out of my hands, I decided to redo the hall bath this week.  Thursday, I painted the cabinets.  Friday, I ordered new lights and hardware.  This coming Tuesday, I am hopefully going to get the new countertops.  We have a basketball tournament next weekend so I am not sure if I will pull this all off before I head back to school, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Speaking of tournaments, Merrick's tournament this weekend was also a mixed bag.  On Saturday they played two games back to back.  The first game they led for most of the game before completely giving it away and losing by 10 plus points.  The second game they lost by 2 in double overtime.  The last play Merrick didn't get the stop and they lost the game.  His coach came down on him, hard.  Merrick took it extra hard and cried the whole way home from Salem.  His coach texted after the game and apologized and said he didn't mean to be so hard on him, but that he just really believes in him and sees something special in him.

Today, was a whole different story. They won both their games, one by about 20 and the other by about 35.  The team in general looked great today, but Merrick dominated!  He was strong, physical, and he just wouldn't let up.  He completely shut down the other "bigs" he faced.

Unfortunately, not much on the picture front again this week.  I have been slacking big time. I did get a few, all of Carrigan, who was living her best life this week.  She got to go mini golfing with some friends on early release day and had a girl's night with some friends on Friday, complete with movie, pizza, and facials.  She declared it the best week ever!  Hopefully we can keep more of that energy going moving forward.





No comments:

Post a Comment