Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This year the word I would use to describe our Thanksgiving is a word I seldom use to describe our family functions, quiet.  Jeremy's family and Emily stayed in Arizona, this was my parents first Thanksgiving in India, and Ben and Becca went to Utah so that just left Brendon and Rachel's family and our family.  Despite Lauren's fear that without Nana here we would end up eating chicken and Jeremy's fear that it would be a "Charlie Brown" Thanksgiving, it was actually a nice day.

Jeremy and Merrick started the day playing football in the backyard while Carrigan and I stayed warm inside and worked on dinner.




In the evening we went to Brendon and Rachel's house to eat.  Rachel and I split the cooking duty and everything turned out so yummy.  We think we all ate until we were sick.



Despite my love for a good deal, I did my black Friday shopping online this year and did not partake in the crazy.  Instead, after dinner we put the kids to bed and had a nice relaxing evening at home.

In hindsight, I am really glad we did stay in because I am not sure the next time I will be able to use the word relaxing to describe our life.  Jeremy's last day of classes is Tuesday and he has already started "finals mode".  He studies like a madman and when he does take a break so we can do something as a family it is fast and frantic so we can squeeze in some fun before he has to get back to work.

Friday, for example, Jeremy studied all morning long.  After lunch we rushed to Bullwinkle's to let Merrick ride go karts and play a few games.  Then we rushed home and Jeremy was studying again within minutes of walking in the door and studied until about 9pm.  So is life these days; rush, rush, rush.







It is a crazy life, but a good life and I guess we will rest when we are dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment