Sunday, November 24, 2013

And Now Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Last week when I wrote about Jeremy's birthday and capstone (which, by the way, I found out he was the only person to get his paper turned in on time, everyone else had to ask for an extension), I neglected to write about a major milestone in Ms. Carrigan's life.

About a week and a half ago our big girl started solid foods.  We started her with avocado and let's just say she did not love it.  I am not sure if she truly does not care for avocado or it was because I mashed it by hand and so it still had a few lumps and bumps, but she clearly was not a fan.  She was always so good about opening her mouth, but then would just look at us like "what did you just put in my mouth!?!" and immediately looked for something to wipe it off on (us, her bib, the highchair, anything would do).  Our rule of thumb became, we would try until she started dry heaving and then we would be done.



Since avocado was clearly not a hit, after the ever important allergy testing period we moved on to oatmeal.  Again oatmeal started out a little rough.  The first day she was really struggling in her highchair so I decided to just hold her and feed her.  This happened to my sweatshirt...


Eventually she got the hang of oatmeal and has since mastered sweet potatoes.  Despite a rocky start.  I think she is figuring out this eating thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment