Sunday, November 17, 2013

The week of Jeremy

I am going to stray from my usually bragging about my children this week, so if the only reason you read the blog is to see their cute faces you may want to check back next week.  This week was all about this Guy:


I had to sneak and try to take a picture of him because he is not a fan of having his picture taken, but he looked so handsome, I just couldn't resist.

Yesterday was Jeremy's birthday.  In the grand scheme of things, it will not go down as the best birthday ever.  He had to spend the day playing catch-up for school (more on this in a moment) and we gave him much needed slippers and clothes, the kiss of death, for his gifts.  He and I did get to go out to dinner last night, but all in all it was a less than stellar day.  Of course Jeremy was very sweet about it and said that he thought it was a great birthday.  He likes to spare my feelings.

So the reason he was so behind (and still is if I am being honest) with school is that every possible minute of this last week was spent working on his capstone.  The capstone is the law school equivalent to a thesis paper and the first draft of his was due on Friday.  With the exception of Monday, he did not go to school all week, but just stayed home and wrote and wrote.  Thankfully, Friday at 5pm, he turned it in and we returned to normal(ish) life.

I know Jeremy questions his/our decision to go to law school everyday.  He worries constantly about finding a job and providing for our family, but I want to take this opportunity to publicly tell him how proud I am of him.  He has accomplished things over the last two and a half years that I did not even know he was capable of (and that is saying a lot because I think he is pretty awesome).

When we were deciding about school and wondering if it was worth it since he would be 31 when he finished, a few people said "well he is going to be 31 either way so he can either be 31 with a law degree or without one".  He is now 31 and the law degree is just a few months away and that is pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment