Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Surprise!

Last week Merrick and I took a trip to Oregon to surprise my sister, Becca, and attend her surprise 30th birthday party (she may not be really happy that I am broadcasting her age on here, but oh well). I had not seen Becca's family in a year and therefore they had never met Merrick. It had also been a few months since I had seen my parents and my sister Emily and her son Kai. Jeremy was not able to come so Merrick and I took to the skies on our own. He did really well for his first flight, but was happy to be off the plane when we landed.

Emily and Kai picked us up from the airport and we went straight to Becca's. Becca was so surprised to see us and she said it was the first time in her life she was really surprised (she had no idea that the surprises would keep coming that week). Her boys, Quincy and Colvin, were excited to meet their cousin and Quincy brought him toys and wanted to hold him.

I was terrible about taking pictures while in Oregon. So I apologize in advance for the pictures in this post. Some the the pictures are from a cell phone so the quality is not great and I never even got a picture of Merrick with Becca's family. Instead here is one of my favorite pictures of Becca's family.



Merrick also loved seeing his nana and papa, aunt Emily, and cousin Kai. Kai spent the time obsessively saying "Sarah" and "baby". Here are some pictures from when he asked to hold Merrick.






The actual surprise party went off with out a hitch and once again Becca was actually surprised. It was a cute, spring themed party with lots of yummy food. What does it say about me that the only picture I actually took on my camera during the trip was of the food table at the party?



It was a really fun trip, but Merrick and I were really glad to be home and be back together with Jeremy.

No comments:

Post a Comment