Friday, March 12, 2010

Big Boy

Merrick is growing up so fast! It seems like every day he does something new. I wish that there was some way to slow down time and keep him little forever. Maybe it is because I am in no hurry for him to grow up, but sometimes I feel like I don't encourage him to do things he can do because in my head there is no way the he is old enough to do them.

Case in point...his stroller. Merrick and I frequently take walks around the neighborhood. The weather is nice and it gives us something to do outside the house. He loves these walks. Each time I load him into his car seat and then clip the car seat onto the stroller because in my head he is nowhere near big enough to sit in the stroller on his own. Yesterday it occurred to me that he is basically able to sit on his own so riding upright in the stroller really should not be a problem.

It turns out he can do it just fine and probably has been able to for a while. He is such a big boy. He just needs his mommy to get out of his way and let him do the things he is capable of doing.

On a side note, I am not the only one with this problem. Jeremy was caught of guard by how big Merrick is when he looked at the pictures. He asked where his little baby had gone.


1 comment:

  1. stinkin adorable! And he is SO big! My goodness! time does fly by...guess you gotta get out of his way and hang on for the ride! <3 you guys!

    ReplyDelete