Sunday, January 22, 2023

New Year, Newish Goals

 As January barrels onward, we are working on big goals and big changes as a family.  Some of them are new, some not so new.  Jeremy continues to plug away at growing his business. He is gaining clients and experiences, but it is HARD and slow going.   I have tried to do what I can for him along the way and now I am making a big change to help further our family's goals.  After 11 years, I have decided to sell the preschool.  Truth be told, it makes me sad, but I think back to why I started the preschool in the first place and the needs that it served for my family at the time, and it just doesn't serve those needs anymore.  In just a few short months, Elsie will go to kindergarten, and I won't have any of my children in the school anymore.  My time will be freer and, now that Jeremy is self-employed and no longer on an employer health plan, I have the ability to do something that will get us insurance again.  What that is, time will tell.  It will likely be something with the school district so that I can still be home with the kids during the summers.  I had a buyer all lined up for the preschool, but unfortunately it fell through this week.  Thankfully, I had a backup buyer and hopefully we will still be able to move forward.

Other than those big, life changing goals and decisions, we are working on some small changes.  Adding in daily Kefir smoothies to get in our fruits and vegetables and improve our gut health and drinking lots of water.  Carrigan has really embraced the smoothie idea and almost always wants to be the one to make them.  On the water front, my sister bought me a gallon water bottle and I have been doing a gallon a day ever since.

We are working on a lot over here, both big and small.  Who really knows what 2023 will bring, but one thing is certain, it won't be boring.  Exhausting yes, boring no.


P.S. As I was writing this, Jeremy has been at urgent care.  He just got home and turns out he has covid.  You know, just keeping it interesting.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment