Sunday, January 8, 2023

Arizona Vacation Part 2- Goodbye 2022

 What to say about our Arizona trip that hasn't already been said? The second half of our trip was lots more park time, but the main highlight was all the family time.  We spent just about every day letting the cousins play and making up for lost time.  Here are some of my favorite cousin/family pictures from our time.  For our cousin gifts Christmas gifts this year, we gave everyone unstuffed Build-a-Bear stuffies and went the day after Christmas to get them filled.













As promised, the other big thing I wanted to talk about today actually happened two days before Christmas.  You may remember that for Jeremy's 40th birthday I promised him a skydiving trip.  Well, in Arizona we made it happen.  I had not considered that it was two days before Christmas and I had roped 3 of my mother-in-law's 4 children into participating.  If anything had happened to them, she would never have forgiven me.  Thankfully, everything went off without a hitch.  This blog will not do justice to the experience so if you get a chance to talk to Jeremy about it in person, I definitely recommend it.  What I will say is that the night before, neither of us slept.  Sometime around midnight he said, "I don't think I can do this".  I assured him that he didn't have to.  In the morning, the first thing he said to me was, "I don't think I can do this".  I again assured him he didn't have to.  He decided to go and just take it one step at a time.  We got out there about an hour later and he was still unsure.  He had signed the waiver and decided he was going to go up in the plane.  He just wasn't sure how he was coming down.  The plane left and we watched the clock.  Meanwhile, there were yard games to keep the girls busy.  About 7 minutes later we heard the plane kill its engine.  We watched, first, as about every 30 seconds a white dot appeared out of the plane until there were three and then we watched as three parachutes opened.  There was a moment of panic when Jeremy's brother, Bryce, disappeared into the sun and Jeremy's mom declared that she could only see two parachutes.   Soon, he came back into view and then we had three perfect landings.  All walked away perfectly unscathed and totally pumped.  I am not sure the last time I saw Jeremy so excited about something.  It was perfect and now we totally have no need for a midlife crisis.















It was a blast of a trip, but we are home now and plowing ahead into 2023.  While I will still post our family pictures we took while in Arizona, I am going to call that a wrap on 2022.  It was a whirlwind, and we are wiped.

















No comments:

Post a Comment