Sunday, January 29, 2023

Covid 2.0

Well, this week has been a doozy.  As you know, last Sunday Jeremy tested positive for Covid.  Immediately, he went to the basement, and I began holding down the fort on my own.  All cooking, cleaning, homework, carpool, getting ready for school and bed, all everything fell to me and it was rough.  Tuesday, we had Merrick's choir concert.  Jeremy was thankful for a valid excuse not to attend, but that also meant he had to miss his basketball game.  We made it through the concert, barely.  Merrick has grown to hate choir with the fire of 1,000 suns and while he managed to drop it for next semester, he had to make it through the concert to get a decent grade.  It was painful, but we made it.

Wednesday was a busy day with lots of driving, school pick up, horse stall cleaning, basketball, baseball, and church activities.  When I picked Merrick up from basketball, he didn't look well.  He said that they had just worked them really hard, but I knew he really didn't feel well when he said he just wanted to go home and not to his other practices or activities.  He said he felt fine, but Jeremy (from the basement) and I decided he shouldn't go anywhere else until he took a Covid test.

Thursday morning, Elsie woke up with a nasty cough.  I told her she couldn't go to preschool unless we knew she didn't have Covid.  She agreed and her test was negative.  Merrick got up and I told him that Elsie's test had been negative so his probably would be too.  I helped Merrick do this Covid test before running out the door to get CC, Elsie, and I to school. 

When I got to the school, I had texts from Merrick asking me how to read his Covid test and asking if the picture he sent, of a test the was as positive as it could possibly be, meant he was negative.  I called him and Jeremy to coordinate his move down to the basement and since Elsie's test was negative and her cough had calmed, went to preschool.


By Friday, Elsie's cough was worse and I wasn't feeling great either.  I don't know if Elsie's test was a false negative or not and I never took a test, but we decided it was time for a quiet weekend at home with lots of rest.

Since then, we have watched lots of movies and had lots of couch time and just took it easy.  Carrigan has not gotten sick, Merrick quickly rebounded and is just fine (although he still has a couple more days of quarantine) and the rest of us are on the mend. Some of us (Jeremy and CC) will be back to real life tomorrow.  Some of us (Merrick, Elsie, and I) will take one more day.  Hopefully, after that, we will all be good as new.

It wouldn't be January in the Clifford house without Covid, but thankfully January is almost over and it's time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment