Sunday, January 3, 2021

New Life- Week 42 (Bye Bye 2020)

 This week we finally said goodbye to 2020.  It has been a long road but there have also definitely been blessed along the way.  All this makes it sound like all the things that made 2020 what it was are done and they most certainly are not.  I told Jeremy just after midnight as we headed into 2021 that I was not very optimistic about the new year.  I have a feeling that 2021 is not going to be a lot different from 2020.  On the other hand, change doesn't happen overnight and I guess we will just take it one day at a time.

As for 2020 I am ready to put it to bed, focusing on the positive that the year brought.

This year we spent way more time together as a family.  Jeremy worked from the home, my work shutdown, and the kids have had online school.  That means a whole lot more togetherness.  For the most part, the time together has been peaceful and full of love.

Despite the huge impact to his business, Jeremy has stayed employed throughout the pandemic.  This could easily have gone the other way and has been a huge blessing for our family.

We sold our house! Ok so this was a LONG time in the making but we were finally able to sell our house and looking back I am really thankful it didn't sell until it did.  We made some treasured friendships in our neighborhood during the pandemic which wouldn't have happened if we sold earlier.

I don't think I have mentioned it yet, but we found a new house.  We close in just under two weeks.  More to come on that later.

Well I guess I lied, when I think back to the positives of 2020, I am optimistic about 2021.  Even as I look back at the passed week I see pictures of us at the park, on a walk/bike ride, with close friends in our bubble, and just hanging out together as a family. I would be ok with more of that in the coming year. I think it will be what we make of it and I am determined to make it a good one.







No comments:

Post a Comment