Sunday, October 4, 2020

New Life- Week 29 (Hanging On)

 This week was a bit of an improvement over last.  Yes, school is still intense and overwhelming, but, at least this week, we found a manageable groove.  We received more school materials and, while I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume, I had found myself telling myself that it is ok to just focus on the most important things and let the other things go.  This goes against my very nature so I am not sure how long I will be able to keep it up.


What I do know is that everyone was able to keep a positive attitude Tuesday-Friday and for the first time life felt manageable.  Add to that that afternoons were spent in the pool or poolside (Elsie one day didn't want to swim and instead sat poolside in her pink jeep that everyone calls her "G-wagon") and it made for a not half bad week.




There definitely has been one bright spot in the the now 29 weeks of the pandemic and that is the bonding that has happened between my kids.  Of course they are still fight at times, but they help each other, play with each other, and encourage each other more.  My favorite is that they have started asking to have sleepovers together.  Almost every weekend they have a sleepover together in one of their rooms.  I warms my mama heart.  I hope they are always so close. 


No comments:

Post a Comment