Sunday, September 27, 2020

New Life- Week 28 (Send Help)

 What to say about this week??? It was a rough one.  We have been struggling through the first weeks of school and trying to find a routine without the proper materials or logins for our online program.  Carrigan's teacher had been encouraging them to try to work in the program as much as possible and gave us some workarounds for things we were missing.  Merrick's teacher encouraged them to hold off while we got things sorted.  Apparently that shifted sometime this week and she began expecting them to begin working.  Merrick thought he was doing everything he needed to, he was not.  By Thursday I figured out we had a problem and he was way behind.  We were all completely stressed and he was in tears because he felt like I was only helping Carrigan (he wasn't wrong).

Thursday we played catch up as best as we could and Friday we hit reset on our plan.  I tried to be more present for Merrick and still help Carrigan as much as possible.  I have to do this while simultaneously keeping Elsie entertained and occupied.  Thankfully Carrigan had a light day on Friday, but I am extremely worried about how this is going to work going forward.  I feel like I need three of me and at some point I have to figure out how to add preschool back into the equation.  It's all a little overwhelming.

The only bright spot in all of it is that we finally did receive all our logins this week and some of our materials have started to arrive.  I am hoping that excitement will give us the boost we need to keep going.


No comments:

Post a Comment