Sunday, October 18, 2020

New Life- Week 31 (Fall's Is Still Fun)

 I know I have said before, but Fall in the PNW is my favorite.  There is so much to do and with the changing leaves everything is just so beautiful.  It feels a little magical and the perfect lead into the holiday season.

I have been worried that this year wouldn't be the same and if I am being honest, it's not.  We still have been able to find some Fall fun though.  This week was the annual primary pumpkin patch.  While we all had to wear masks and there was not the same playing, the kids still got to pick pumpkins and got a treat.

This year, with less other things going on, we really stepped up our pumpkin carving game.  Our city had a "Boo Drive Thru" where probably a hundred people from the community (including us) carved pumpkins to display.  I neglected to get a picture of our pumpkin though so hopefully we will get it back.

We also carved our pumpkins from the primary pumpkin patch.  Elsie wanted a skeleton, I ended up carving hers for her.  Carrigan wanted "the witch's pet", she, Jeremy, and I all worked on it together.  Merrick wanted a ghost and he pretty much did it on his own.  They all turned out great.









We have more Halloween/Fall fun coming up and I am just relieved the fun hasn't all been canceled.

No comments:

Post a Comment