Sunday, January 26, 2020

Patience (Or Lack Thereof)

Not a lot to report from this week.  The majority of the week was spent desperately trying to keep the house clean and waiting for people to come see it who didn't come. I have to say that this experience of putting the house back on the market has been tougher than I expected.  I have joked that I have PTSD from the last time we listed, but I think it is actually really true.  If I am being honest, the fear of not being able to sell is really real for me.  It makes me feel trapped and that is not a happy feeling.

While I struggle with having patience at least I am surrounded by sweet faces to keep my spirits up.  We were able to spend some time at the park this week because the weather has been really mild.  One day, Carrigan ran into a friend at the park.  They were thrilled to see their matching scooters and coordinating helmets.  Elsie loved the slide and every time she got to the top she would say "Mom, can you take my picture?"





Yesterday, Merrick had the opportunity to go up to Mount Hood and sled.  Our church youth had a sledding activity.  Merrick was invited, even though he is not quite old enough, because all of his cousins were going.  The group headed off early in the morning, but Merrick had an 8am basketball game.  They lot by 2, but Merrick had about 12 blocks, so Jeremy took him up to the mountain after his game.  He had lots of fun sledding with cousins and friends and was grateful he got the special invite!






Also this week we moved Elsie from her full highchair to a booster at the table.  It feels like the end of an era for me, but she is pretty happy about it.

That's all for this week.  Thanks for listening to me complain.  The cute faces were worth it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment