Sunday, February 9, 2020

Something New

I apologize for my lack of a post last week.  We went over to Emily and Tala's house to watch the superbowl and when we got home I was out of both motivation and ideas for writing on the blog, so I took a vacation week.

This week was full of new adventures for our family.  On Wednesday, we went roller skating for a PTA event with lots of our friends from school.  Merrick has been roller skating a few times, this was Carrigan's second time and Elsie's first.  None of us skate frequently enough to feel really comfortable with it.  I really hadn't planned to skate or have Elsie skate at all, but once we were there, she was insistent.  I was shocked with how well she did.  Granted she was using preschool skates that really don't roll very fast, but it was still impressive.  She continually pulled away from my hand and went out on her own.  Like I said, impressive.








Yesterday, Carrigan went out of her comfort zone yet again and tried Lacrosse for the first time.  The city league had an event where you could try it out before deciding if you wanted to sign up. While she was completely unfamiliar with the game, Jeremy says she was picking it up and she really liked all the running around.  We may sign her up for the season, we'll see.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment