Sunday, February 4, 2018

Prep Part 2 and Celebrate

This week was a mix of continued baby prep and celebrating her future arrival.  After last weekend's blowing off all responsibilities, mid week I started to get a little panicky about about my lack of preparedness for baby girl's arrival.  I decided to sit down and make a "to do" list to start working on.  Thankfully I shared my panic with my mom and she was over the very next day to help me get started.  In one day we worked on drywall repair, hung the pictures that I haven't gotten around to in the almost year and a half we have lived here and finished organizing in Merrick's room.  By the end of the day I was done in, but it was worth it to ease some of the panic.

After a day or two of recovery I was up for some celebrating of baby girl.  On Friday night some of my girlfriends and I headed out for a girl's night.  Since this is my third baby, I really didn't want to have a baby shower per se but did want a chance to get out and celebrate.  Our girl's night was just the thing.  We had a pretty good turn out and it was so fun to be able to eat yummy food and just be able to sit and chat.


Now I am ready to knock out the rest of the "to do" list.  Yesterday we got baby girl's new dresser and started washing up all the newborn clothes.  I have to tell you that is was really fun to open the dryer this morning and see a sea of tiny pink clothes.  It will just be a couple of weeks now until we have a tiny little girl to put in those tiny pink clothes.  It is getting exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment