Sunday, February 11, 2018

Quality Time

We are in the home stretch of baby girl's arrival.  I am just over 38 week so it could be any time (although given my track record the smart money would be on it being later rather than sooner).  Anyway, my favorite part of this week has been getting to spend some one on one quality time with each member of my sweet family on these last few days of us beign a family of four.

Carrigan and I often get to spend one on one time, but this week I really enjoyed spending time together prepping for baby sister.  She helped me put the finishing touches on their room and load the diaper caddy and diaper bag.  She is so excited to be a big sister and getting to be with her while checking off things on the "to do" list was a huge win/win.

One on one time with Merrick is much more rare so I was really excited to get some of that this week too.  On Friday afternoon Carrigan had a play date with a friend so it was just Merrick and I for a while.  This time I put the "to do" list on hold and told him we could do anything he wanted.  We chose to play The Game of Life and he beat me soundly.  My only regret is that we were so busy playing that I didn't get a picture.

Last but certainly not least, this week I also got some time with my main squeeze.  My parents generously offered to take the kids on Friday night so we could have an early Valentine's Day date and we had a great night.  I picked Jeremy up from the train and we went to dinner.  After that we did a little bit of shopping for some last minute baby things.  We ended the night with a movie.  Jeremy had gotten movie passes to Cinetopia for his birthday and it was a bit of a hassle using them but in the end it was totally worth it when we got to watch our movie in out reclining leather seats with ottaman foot rests.  This is definitly the way to see a movie in the theather.


So there you have it, a great week with special time with each one of my three loves before I meet my fourth love.  It feels like Valentine's Day already.

No comments:

Post a Comment