Sunday, February 18, 2018

Valentine's Day 2017 and Bobcat

This week while we wait, wait, wait for baby girl's arrival, we celebrated Valentine's Day.  I was really worried that I might be in the hospital for Valentine's Day and not get to celebrate with the kids the way they are accustomed to.  Fortunately (I guess) that didn't happen and we had a great V-Day.

The first surprise of the day was to wake up to beautiful flowers from Jeremy.  We weren't supposed to be doing anything for each other this year so this was a big surprise. He is always so thoughtful and even bought some flowers for Carrigan so she wouldn't feel left out.

Traditionally, we have heart shaped pizza for dinner, but we had just had pizza a few days earlier so I decided to mix thing up this year.  Instead of pizza we went for pink, sourdough waffles with whipped cream and strawberries.  It was a yummy change.

We also celebrated the day with our traditional love hunt.  As usual, the kids hunted for clues around the house, found treats and notes about what we love about them and ultimately found presents.  This year Carrigan got a basket and streamers for her bike and Merrick got a boomerang.





The other highlight of the week, that I thankfully didn't have to miss, was Merrick's cub scout troop's Blue and Gold Banquet where Merrick earned his Bobcat award.  He worked hard for it and really wanted to make sure I was there so he could pin on my mother's pin.  I made it, he got to pin my pin, and he even got turned upside down to remind him to do a good turn daily.



It was a good week and now we just wait to see if this week will bring baby girl.  I am not being very patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment