Sunday, July 27, 2014

T-minus One Day

About four years ago when I had just started the blog, I did a post entitle "Finish Line".  It was all about Jeremy finally taking the LSAT and what felt like a finish line at the time.  I have been thinking about that a lot over the last few days.  I find it truly comical looking back at it now, how it we really the farthest thing from the finish line, but merely the very beginning of this journey.  It reminds me of that song by Semisonic (which interestingly enough was my mom's favorite song at the time) that says, "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end".

And so it is with this, the Bar is just one day away and while it feels very much like a end, I am certain that one day I will look back at this time and see that it is just the beginning.  In any case, when we meet again next week the Bar will be over.  While I am very much looking forward to having my husband back, a part of me (very small) is sad to close this chapter in our lives.  It is strange, but having the Bar be so all consuming has really brought our family closer together.  We have been united in a group effort to make this happen and everyone, including the kids, have made sacrifices.  It also has made me love Jeremy even more because I have watched how hard he has worked and know that he is doing this for us, for our family.

So now it is time to do this, put the period on the end of the sentence that is law school.  If you are reading this before Tuesday or Wednesday please say a little prayer for Jeremy and if it is after, know we are off celebrating.  We have planned a VERY top-secret surprise for Thursday and Friday so stay tuned for more on that later.

I will leave you today with some very unrelated, yet very cute pictures of the kids from this week.  And so that a few of them make sense, you should know Carrigan has become very interested in trying to put on clothes and shoes, whether hers one or someone else's.  Below you will find her wearing Jeremy's sock and Three,yes three, pairs of Merrick's underwear (clean).












No comments:

Post a Comment