Sunday, July 13, 2014

Summer Fun (Time)

This summer I am a mom with a plan.  I developed a daily schedule for us to follow so that none of us go crazy over the summer break.  I always say that kids thrive with structure and routine, but let me just say that Merrick is taking this to a whole new level.  I had intended it to be a Mon-Fri routine but Merrick insists upon using it on the weekends too and he is the one always keeping me on schedule.

Some of the key components of the routine are chore time, reading time (30 min), school time (30 min), swim lessons, and fun time.  Merrick, again, is very serious about reading and school time.  He is bound and determined to learn how to read (I will keep you posted on that as the summer progresses).  He is also very serious about fun time.  Often when I give him his choices for fun time he will tell me that some of them are not fun enough.  He tells me that it has to be something really fun (for example the play area at the mall is not fun enough for fun time.)

So, here are some pictures and commentary from swim lessons and (really) fun time this week.

Here we are at swim lessons.  Carrigan is being bribed to hold still and watch with a sucker.




This was our first time to this particular bowling alley.  It was the nicest one I have ever been to and we were the only people there, which is good because Carrigan was walking around like she owned the place.  They had these really cool dragon things to help the kids send the ball down the lane, but CC preferred to use it as a slide.






And last, but not least, our trip to the children's museum.  They have a new outdoor area that the kids really loved.









Lots more summer fun to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment