Monday, June 3, 2013

Love and Family Pictures

Since Carrigan was born, I have been so amazed at how the love we all have for each other has expanded.  It seems like we not only love her so much, but love each other more too.   Despite the changes it has meant for him, Merrick loves her as much as anyone.

Yesterday Carrigan decided to test just how strong Merrick's love really is.  It was first thing in the morning.  I had just finished feeding Carrigan and was working on a burp.  Merrick was sitting on the floor next to the bed playing a game on the iPad.  The burp was being stubborn so I handed her off to Jeremy, he has become the burping pro.  A few seconds later I heard a retching sound as Carrigan projectile vomited over the edge of the bed and all over Merrick.  After having a bath Merrick came to snuggle up with Carrigan and me.  It seems that there is no love lost.

Last weekend we had Carrigan's newborn pictures and family pictures taken.  They turned out really great.  I think I love them so much because you can physically see both her sweetness and the love we have for each other.  I am so grateful to have these pictures to help us always remember this special time in our lives and the love we have for each other as I am sure that yesterday mornings adventure will not be the only time that love is tested.
















No comments:

Post a Comment