Sunday, June 23, 2013

Helping Hands

So this is a bit of a serious post, but I thought this picture was really funny and went well with the "hands" theme, so there you go.

This week has been the definition of crazy.  As most everyone knows, and as I have mentioned before, my parents are in the middle of a move to India.  My dad is already there and having a great adventure (you should read his blog if you are not already doing so).  My mom is working hard to sort and pack or sell all their earthly possessions and it is a bit overwhelming to say the least.

Last Sunday things seemed particularly challenging and we were able to have a sweet experience as Jeremy was able to give my mom a priesthood blessing.  I won't go into it too much, but he told her that her family and friends really wanted to help and all she had to do was ask.

It was amazing to watch this week as this promise came to pass.  All week family and friends have descended on the house ready to help.  We have sorted through the vast majority of the house and while there is still a lot more to do, the progress has been phenomenal.

I know my mom still feels overwhelmed and like the weight of all of this is still on her shoulders, but I also know she, as well as the rest of the family, appreciate those that are trying to help ease her burden.  My mom has always been quick to provide a helping hand to those around her and has always been a great example to me of selfless service.  It is nice to see others serving her.

No comments:

Post a Comment