Monday, February 22, 2010

Mover and Shaker

At four months Merrick started rolling from his stomach to his back. This was super cute but made tummy time hard because as soon as a put him on to his tummy, he would flip right over. I started to worry that if he was never on his stomach, he would never learn to crawl...well he is not yet crawling, but mobility is definitely not his problem. About two weeks ago Merrick learned to roll from his back to his stomach (he was close for a long time, but finally mastered it two weeks ago). Since then he has become my little rollie pollie bug. If I walk away from him for just a minute, I will return to find him across the room. The other day he turned himself 180 degrees in his crib while swaddled and supposedly asleep. I took the picture below after leaving him on his mat for a minute and a half (I know it was a minute and a half because I left him to microwaving something). I know this is just the beginning of life with a very busy boy and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment