Sunday, October 1, 2023

Outdoor Fun

 We have had a fair bit of rain over the last week and it seemed like fall was upon us.  Just when it felt like we might be in it for the long haul with the rain, the sun returned.  It returned just in time too.  Friday the girls had their annual fun run, this year called the "Squirrel Dash".

Both girls were excited to get out and go for a run with their friends.  I wasn't able to attend Elsie's race because it was early in the morning and I was at a doctor's appointment with Merrick.  Luckily, a friend's mom attended and sent me some photos and video.  I was able to attend and volunteer at Carrigan's race.  I think both girls ran about 2 miles and they had a great time.







This weekend the beautiful weather continued and we were able to get outside with some family park time today.  I don't know how much longer we will have this beautiful weather, but I will take it.






Unrelated to the outdoor fun, our family has a couple of big updates from the week to share.  First off, Merrick had a treadmill test this week.  He really pushed his heart, running at a 6 mi/hr speed at 20% incline.  When he finished, he had one of, if not the worst episodes, he has ever had.  At one point he had a run of 6 irregular beats in a row and thought he was going to pass out.  Shortly thereafter, I spoke with the cardiologist, who feels like it is time to treat.  His recommendation is for the ablation and we went ahead and scheduled that for December 8th.

The other big news is that I was offered and accepted a new job this week.  I will be working as the District Service Representative for the West Linn Wilsonville School District for a company called Edustaff.  Edustaff is an educational staffing company and for the West Linn Wilsonville district, we will staff for all district teacher and paraprofessional subbing positions.  It's a full time position but the hours will be similar to school hours so I will be able to be home in the afternoons with my kids and I will also have 8 weeks off in the summer with my kids.  It will hopefully he a great fit for our family.  It is, however, my first full time job in almost 15 years so that is causing me just a bit of anxiety.  I start a week from tomorrow, so I will update as I get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment