Sunday, October 15, 2023

Here We Go

To say this week was a lot is a huge understatement.  This week I started my new job.  There is always a learning curve with any new job and that in and of itself would have been a lot.  That was just the beginning of our week though.  This was also conference week for the kids.  That means that the kids were off school most of the week and, not only that, but after work we had to attend conferences for each of the the kids.  It was really nice to meet with each of their teachers, but it added a lot to an already busy typical schedule.

This week also happened to be the Kindergarten Carnival at the library.  Elsie was so excited to attend and I couldn't disappoint her.  Unfortunately, for me that meant I ran from work to school pick up to the library to pick C.C. up from a playdate to Merrick's conference to Elsie's conferences.  It was a long day, but we made it.


The busy, hectic week was capped off on Friday afternoon by the news that my grandmother had just passed away.  Just shy of her 99th birthday, she fell a couple of weeks ago and fractured her pelvis in three places.  That started a very quick slide to the end of her mortal life.  I am so sad she is gone, but she has waited for the day she could be reunited with my grandpa for a very long time.  I am so happy for the heavenly reunions she is now able to have with not only my grandpa, but a newborn son she lost, her parents, and her siblings.  She lived a wonderful life and I am blessed to have been a small part of it.


This coming week, Jeremy and I are going to Mexico and leaving the kids in the very capable hands of my parents and sister.  Getting everything ready for the kids prior to leaving is very stressful and not feeling like what I really need on top of an already extremely stressful week, but I am hoping that when I get to Mexico it will all be worth it.  I'll keep you all posted on that one.

Completely unrelated to all this, today Merrick's birthday present we bought two months ago finally arrived.  He is just so excited, I couldn't miss getting it in here.  He now has a custom baseball glove that he completely designed. 




 And, to cap it off, after I wrote the blog Elsie lost her second front tooth.  She'll be singing, "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" this Christmas season.



No comments:

Post a Comment