Sunday, August 14, 2022

Big Changes

 So I think it's time to finally loop everyone in on the big changes that had been happening in our lives over the last few weeks.  Just over three weeks ago Jeremy parted ways with his company.  I won't go into all the details due to this being a public space and an agreements that he signed with the company, but sufice it to say, we were left trying to figure out what was next.

Ever since I knew Jeremy, he has always wanted to own his own business.  Back when we were still babies he wanted to own a skate and clothing shop.  We grew up but the dream of being his own boss never really died.

After law school, he wanted to strike out on his own.  I didn't.  I was at a point I wanted some stability, some steady income, and some insurance.  Fast forward several years.  Jeremy was looking for a a change in his career and started looking around.  I wanted him to go out on his own.  He didn't.  He had enjoyed the support and comaraderie at his firm and wasn't ready to leave that behind.

Fast forward to three weeks ago.  After some soul searching, Jeremy decided he was ready to make a go of it on his own.  I was ready too.  In the 8 years since law school, this was the first time we were both on the same page at the same time.

So, with the decision made, the last three weeks have been a blur of opening bank accounts, building a website, finding an office space, getting insurance, learning about SEO and marketing, looking into accounting and case managment software, etc.  The list goes on and on.  We are mostly up and running now (I say "we" because this has very much been a group effort).  Now what's left is to actually get some clients, minor detail.

I know it's going to be a bumpy ride in the beginning, but I am excited about what this means for our family in the long term.  What the future holds, no one one knows, but I will be sure to keep you updated as the furture becomes the present.

For those that are reading this in its web version (before I turn it into a book), I will include the link to his website, Law Offices of Jeremy Clifford, if you want to have a look.

Wish us luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment