Sunday, March 22, 2020

New Life-Week 1

It's now been a week of our new life, no school, working from home, avoiding all people outside our family of five.  In some ways it has been really hard.  The kids are dying to see their friends and cousins and play at the playground.  Merrick is really missing baseball.  Jeremy is missing all sports and being able to work in a quiet office that isn't full of three small children.  Carrigan and Elsie have already started playing "school".  I am missing the regular routine and being able to go shopping when I need or want to.

On the other hand, this past week, in some ways, has been one of the best weeks ever.  I have been trying really hard to focus on the blessings in this situations and they have been plentiful. Everyday the kids and I have gotten outside for a long walk.  The weather has been beautiful and spring is in bloom.  There is beauty everywhere you look.  We have gotten creative; creating art, playing an imaginary baseball game, baking, cooking, making bath bombs, and making letters to leave out for our friends to find.

Most importantly this week has meant a significant increase in family time.  We have had time at eat lunch and dinner together everyday.  We have playing board games and sports at the park.  We have taken walks and read books.  It occurs to me that we will likely never have this much quality time together as a family ever again and so I am really trying my best to savor it.

At this point it is difficult to say how long this new way of life may go on, likely for months.  It is scary sometimes.  I worry about the economy, Jeremy's job stability, and how we will ever meet our family goals for a new house.   It's ok though.  I get to have my family and that makes up for everything else.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment