Sunday, September 15, 2019

Catching Up

Since last week was all about Merrick and his birthday, there were a few happenings that got neglected.  Today I am playing catch up.

Early last week, before Merrick's birthday, we celebrated Tala's 40th birthday.  Since it was a big one Emily and I decided to go all out on the cake.  Emily did the baking and was my assistant for the decorating.  I have never worked with fondant before but since I heard it was a lot like playdough, I wasn't too concerned.  If there is one thing I know, it's playdough.  I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.  We had a surprise party for him at a Happy Valley Station (a collection of food trucks).  Everyone had a great time.





Also that week, after we finished celebrating Merrick, Jeremy and I snuck away for the evening to see Cake and Ben Folds.  We are not really concert people but we bought ourselves tickets for our anniversary.  Jeremy has always wanted to see Ben Folds (we tried once but only ended up making it for like two songs) and I really like Cake so it worked out.  It was a really great concert, despite the fact that is was outdoors and it rained almost the entire time.  We had brought chairs to sit in, but ended up standing almost the entire time and it was really cool because we were able to get up really close.  I still don't know that I am much of a concert person, but I really did enjoy myself.


The other big new is that this week Carrigan lost her first tooth.  We waited all though kindergarten for her first missing tooth and it never came.  So, she was over the moon when she wiggled it out during school this week.  The plus side of it not coming out for so long was that her new tooth is already halfway grown in.


And since this is such a random post anyway, here are a few other random pictures that were too cute to pass up.




Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment