Sunday, August 4, 2019

Scouts and Wiffleball

This week was Scout Camp for Merrick.  That means he spent all day, everyday out at camp.  He did archery, obstacle courses, woodworking, BB shooting, and it was pretty much everything a 9-year-old boy could hope for.  Everyday he came home filthy and excited to tell me about what had happened that day.  I think the highlight for him were the 4 bullseyes he got over the week during BB shooting.  I am disappointed to say that I don't have any pictures of him from the week, but I was only out at camp with him one day and even on that day I didn't get to be with his group.

While he was gone, the girls and I had a blast despite really missing him.  We did lots of shopping and crafting, including making bath bombs and even went for a treat one day.  We had a good time.

Tonight we capped off the fun week with family wiffleball.  This is the third week in a row that we have played.  The first two weeks we played with a bucket as our judge of stikes.  It wasn't the best so yesterday Jeremy and Merrick stepped up our game and created a strike zone.  Hopefully, now that we are better outfitted, we can keep the tradition going.

Before I wrap up tonight I need to give a quick shout out to Jeremy.  Tomorrow is our 14th anniversary!!! How did that happen?!?!  I am so grateful he has put up with me all these years.  He is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment