Sunday, July 28, 2019

Waiting

Time for a get real post.  We had another fun week with near constant playing and hanging out with friends and cousins and an epic sleepover.  Life isn't completely rosey though.  Pretty much constantly on my mind is our housing situation.  Our house has been on the market for over three months now.  That is an eternity when you have three kids who are home for the summer and you are desperately trying to keep the house clean.  I worry all the time and get upset that things are not working out the way that I want them to.  At times I feel trapped by the situation.

Last Sunday our bishop gave a talk and one thing he said was that sometimes the waiting give us time to learn to be content with where we are and what we have.  This really hit me and has been my focus this week.  While I maybe don't have everything I want, I have everything I need.  It is ok. 

On Friday I was at my sister's house and saw she had this written on her chalkboard.

Jeremy says it doesn't do anything for him, but to me it is the perfect reminder.  God is in charge and knows what is best for me better than I do.  He knows my goals and has a plan for me and my family.  I can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment