Sunday, January 13, 2019

New Year, New You

2019 is in full swing and we are all back to normal life.  Since it is the new year, I have been thinking a lot about goal setting.  We have set some goals for our family and each member of our family has set personal goals.  Some of our goals are big and life changing and other are small, but I think that the whole point is just to move forward and become a better version of yourself. 

About 8 years ago I was having a small meltdown as we prepared to make a life changing move to Oregon so Jeremy could start law school.  I was worried about essentially starting over at that point in life and worried about the fact that Jeremy would be 30 before he graduated.   I was talking with a woman at church and expressing my concerns.  She said something that has stuck with me all these years.  She said, "well he is going to be 30 either way so he can be 30 with a law degree or 30 without".  How right she was!  Time marches on whether we learn, grow, and improve ourselves or not.  I for one am really excited to make 2019 the best year ever and make myself the best me so far.

So this particular blog topic doesn't really lend itself to pictures, but I am including some random photos from this week and a family picture from Cali that I never got put on here just for good measure.  Oh and remember all those cards that Merrick got a few weeks back? Yeah, that's Elsie playing with a big stack of them on the trampoline.  The fun never ends!





No comments:

Post a Comment