Sunday, January 6, 2019

Family Fun Rolls On

This week was New Years but for the purposes of this blog and future blog books, in many ways 2019 has yet to really start.  We are kind of in this weird place where, while 2019 has technically started, the kids and I have not yet gone back to school or work so we are still in party mode.  Emily and her family are still here until early tomorrow morning and so this week has, once again, been all about spending time with the family. 

On Monday we spent the day with the whole family (minus Tala and Lauren) at Wing and Waves waterpark.  I know I have talked about Wings and Waves, the aviation themed water park, before.  This time Carrigan was willing to try a few of the smaller slides and Elsie and I spent the day laying pretty low.  I did manage to get in three slides with Merrick and I know he and Jeremy did a lot together.  At the end of the day everyone was exhausted and ready to go except Merrick and Colvin who had to be convinced to leave.

After the water park, we spent the evening at my parents, eating pizza, playing games and watching movies.  We ended up calling it "midnight" about and hour and an half early, again to the disappointment of Merrick.  It was a good thing we did though because we had barely made it home when the day's events caught up with Merrick and he ended up throwing up several times.




Like I said, the the rest of the week was a blur of family time.  We hung out, we played games, we ate, we crafted (Carrigan of course) and we shopped.  We may or may not have purchased Emily's wedding dress (eeekkk!!!) and Merrick scored about 10,000 baseball, basketball, and football cards from a thrift store.  Merrick, Kai, and Kalani spent one entire day sorting cards and they are 1/5 of the way done.  Poor Merrick is going to be on his own now to work through the rest.


It has been a great way to wrap up 2018 but I am ready to get on with 2019.  I always get a little nervous at the start of a new year because who knows what the new year will bring, but I am optimistic for 2019.  I have big plans and I'm excited to see them happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment