Sunday, January 20, 2019

B-baller

Have I written at all about basketball this season?  Merrick spends the year rolling from sport to sport so sometimes they blend together and it is difficult to keep track of what I have talked about.  In case I have neglected to mention it, Merrick is playing basketball right now.  The season started in early December, but with a few week break for Christmas/New Year's, it feels like it is just really getting going.

Can I just say that basketball is my favorite sport that we play?  What's not to love, it is inside (out of the rain and cold and yuck) and it is a fast paced, intense game to watch.  This season has been particularly fun to watch.  The boys on Merrick's team have really improved over the course of the season.  Merrick is no exception to this.  While he has always had the advantage of height, he has really come into his own and developed his skill.  This past game he had several key blocks, countless rebounds, and about 6 points.

I have not been good about taking pictures because I am usually too engrossed in the action (I am telling you, the games are intense for 3rd grade basketball).  Consequently, my only pictures from the season came from tip off at the first game.  They chose Merrick to do the tip (for obvious reasons).  It seriously cracks me up because he got the tip with his feet flat on the ground and his knees bent, while the other kid is in the air.  It is good to be tall, especially in basketball.  I am trying to enjoy the season while it lasts because up next is baseball (and softball for Carrigan) undoubtedly in the rain. Oh joy...


No comments:

Post a Comment