Sunday, July 15, 2018

Promos and New Tricks

It seems like now that we have three kids, the blogs don't wrap up as nicely into one central theme.  Instead, each week there are at least two separate things I want to talk about.  This week was no different.

The first theme of the week was "Promo Day".  This week we took advantage of two different promo days of local businesses.  The first was "cow appreciation day" at Chick-fil-a.  The kids and I were more than happy to throw on some cows spots for free kids meals and entrees.  Jeremy was less inclined to participate so the kids and I went for lunch.

 
The other promo of the week was "pay your age" day at Build a Bear.  Becca and I planned to take the kids but on the morning of the event we heard stories of people in other states waiting 5 hours.  Oregon tends to not be so crazy on these type of events so we told the kids we would go see, but we were not waiting 5 hours.  We got there almost an hour before the store opened and the line wasn't too bad.  We were only a couple of store fronts down so we decided to wait.  As we waited the line grew and grew behind us, wrapping around inside the mall and ultimately heading out of the mall and around the building.  We knew we had at least an hour wait until the store opened and then probably another hour until we were finished.  Unfortunately, when the store opened, we discovered that the line moved much slower than anticipated.  Even when we finally got into the store, the stuffing line was horrendous.  When we finally emerged victorious from the store, we had been at the mall for almost 5 hours.  I have no idea how long people further down the line waited or if they even got bears.  Since then I have told people that I am not sure it was worth 5 hours to save $50 and Merrick (wise beyond his years) said "Mom, I don't think we really saved $50 because if they weren't having the sale we wouldn't have gone at all and wouldn't have spent any money."  I guess I don't have to worry about his financial well-being in the future.







Lastly, but certainly not least, is the "new tricks" portion of the blog.  Emily and her family went home early this week and I started thinking about the fact that over the last two weeks Elsie never saw the ground and was thinking that she would never learn to roll over.  I decided I needed to make sure she got some floor time that morning.  I set her down on her tummy and went ten feet away to put away her hair brush.  When I came out of the bathroom she was on her back.  I decided to see if it was a fluke so I flipped her back over and she flipped right back to her back.  We did that several times so I guess we're doing that now.  She is growing up faster than I can believe!




   

No comments:

Post a Comment