Sunday, July 8, 2018

Family Fun

This week was jam packed!  I really don't even know where to begin.  I guess I will just go day by day and sprinkle in pictures where I have them. 

Monday was our most low key day as Carrigan was still recovering from being sick, but we did spend time playing with cousins at Nana and Papa's house and shockingly Carrigan's tummy felt good enough that she jumped at a chance to get slurpees with her cousins.  The major highlight of Monday was giving Elsie solids for the first time.  We started with rice cereal and if our first experience was any indication of what is to come, this girl is going to like to eat.  I could hardly get the food in fast enough for her.






Tuesday we headed downtown.  We had Voodoo Doughnuts, lunch at the food carts and walked along the river.  We spent the afternoon at Playdate PDX, which has a three story play structure (think fancy McDonald's on steroids).  The kids were wiped out by the end and in serious need of a bath.

Wednesday was the 4th of July.  We started the day with a parade in Lake Oswego.  Jeremy didn't want to go so he stayed home with a sleeping Elsie and I took the big kids and went with Emily and her boys.  After the parade we all went with Em's and Bec's families and my parent to see Incredibles II.  We ended the day at my parents for dinner, s'mores, rocket launching, football, Samoan dancing and fireworks.  I was just saying that since we moved here, 4th of July has become one of my favorite holidays and it held true this year.








Thursday morning was about recovering from the 4th.  I wish I could say that my kids slept in but they never do.  Instead we just had a bit of a slow start to the morning before heading back over to my parents.  Ultimately we made it to the river beach in the afternoon and enjoyed a day of sand, sun and playing in the water.








Friday we spent the day at the aquatic center.  There was a slide, a wave pool, diving board, and a kiddie pool.  It is only about 20 minutes from our house and yet we have never been in the almost 7 years we have lived here (that isn't exactly true because Merrick went for the first time with a friend last week, but that really was the first time any of us had been).  If that wasn't enough for one day, all the cousins had a sleep over at Nana and Papa's that night.

Yesterday we wrapped up the week with a trip to the bounce house and a big screen movie in the cousin's backyard at dark--which doesn't happen until like 10pm in the summer.  It was a long night to wrap up a long week packed full of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment