Sunday, July 29, 2018

Marshmallows and Milestones

If I am being honest, this will not go down as the best week in Clifford family history.  I honestly don't even know what happened at the beginning of the week.  All I really know is that for the last 5 days I have been battling the stomach bug that has been slowly and painfully making its way through the family.  Thankfully my parents were watching Ben and Becca's kids most of the week and the cousins were more than happy to spend the days playing together.  The other thing compounding the problem of me not feeling well was that Jeremy has been working 10 plus hour days and had to work this Saturday.  Since our family time this weekend was drastically reduced and I still wasn't feeling great we had to do some big timing planning to make the most of the time we had.

When Jeremy got home yesterday we headed straight to Home Depot to gather supplies for our special project.  The week before we went to a big picnic and one of the picnic games was knocking down cans with mini marshmallows and a pvc pipe marshmallow shooter.  Ever since then my kids (especially Merrick) have been obsessed with the idea of making our own guns.  It was the perfect activity for our limited time and thankfully it went off without a hitch.  We are a little obsessed now and are planning to make them for all Merrick's friends with upcoming birthdays.






The other big news, that I mentioned last week, is that our little Elsie is now a big 5 months old.  She is a mama's girl to the core and loves nothing more than to be with me all the time.  She is loving her solid foods and hasn't turned down anything we have tried.  She can roll from her tummy to her back and from her back to her side.  She loves baths and to have her feet rubbed.  She is a social girl and has really found her voice, screeching and squealing to make her presence known.  Her sleeping has been leaving a little bit to be desired lately and I am hoping we can get that back on track.  I enjoyed having a baby that actually slept.  She is adored by all in the family as evidenced by the the fact that I couldn't even get her 5 month pictures taken without brother and sister jumping in to snuggle her.









No comments:

Post a Comment