Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sarah's Run and the Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday was a busy day for our family.  I left just after 7 am to meet up with my running partners (Lora and Amber) and we drove out to Estacada for a 10k race.  The race was called "The Best Dam Run" and the course started just outside Estacada by the dam, wound along the river, and ended 6.2 miles later in downtown Estacada.  Lora and I had been training for this run for over a year and Amber joined us about 6 months ago.  We had worked long and hard to be ready for race day and we were.  We didn't run fast by any means, but we finished and ran every bit of it (including the hill just after the 5 mile mark).  I am really proud of myself (and the other ladies) for accomplishing something so hard. Merrick started the day with a soccer game and then everybody came out to the race to support me.  Unfortunately they arrived about 10 seconds late, but it was still nice to have them there.





As if that was not enough excitement for one day, after the race we headed an hour away for a birthday party of one of Merrick's classmates.  It was at the pumpkin patch called Bauman Farms.  We had been there before but it had been a few years.  We had planned to just stay the couple of hours for the party (honestly I didn't think I would be up for much more), but I had forgotten how much fun it was.  We ended up staying until they closed 5 hours later.  The highlights included the zip line, the nut pit (think a ball pit fulled with hazelnuts), the slides, lots of mazes, and different bounce houses and pillows.  Oh yeah, and the apple cider doughnuts are amazing and not to be missed.
















By the time we had dinner, baths, and were ready for bed, everyone was completely wiped out.  I think we all were asleep the moment our heads hit the pillow, well everyone except Carrigan, but that is to be expected.  She only came out of her room once though so that is a small miracle too.

No comments:

Post a Comment