Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sunny Days Will Come and Go

Today it is raining and cold.  Last week is was sunny and almost too hot.  I can't help today but think about the fickleness of the weather this time of the year.  Honestly I love fall in the PNW.  It is perhaps my favorite time of the year, but I also know that it then brings on winter, which is fun for a few months but gets pretty old by Feb.  It turns out I am not the only one in my family with conflicting feelings of loving the sunshine, but longing for a change of seasons.  This week we were soaking up the sunshine at a park when Merrick and his BFF Finley decided to build a snowman.  The only problem was that it was almost 80 degrees so snow was a little hard to come by.  The solution of course was to build a snowman out of grass clippings.  Why didn't I think of that?  I guess the answer is to find the joy and excitement that seasons bring with them.

Is it just me or does there "grassman" look a little like Oscar the Grouch?

No comments:

Post a Comment