Sunday, March 27, 2016

Spring Break and Easter 2016

This week was Spring Break, ultimately culminating today in Easter.  As I sit here reflecting on what we did over the last week, everything before Thursday is a blur.  I know we played games, went to the library, went to the park, read books, played with cousins, and just relaxed.  Just don't ask me to tell you what happened on which days.

After Thursday, things become much clearer.  Jeremy took Thursday and Friday off of work, his first real paid vacation days since we left Vanguard almost 5 years ago.  Originally we had planned to go to the beach, but decided that since the weather would not be that great, we should just have a staycation instead.  On Thursday we went to the park, went out to lunch, and then had family pictures taken (they turned out great, but you are just going to have to wait to see them).  On Friday, we went to see Zootopia and played at Dave and Buster's.  Saturday we went to two different Easter egg hunts and went on a long bike ride to the park and back.













Today is Easter and my heart is so full and happy.  I am so grateful for my Savior, for His sacrifice, and that He lives.  Most of all, I am beyond thankful that I can live again with my family forever.  I seriously can't get enough of them!  So far today we celebrated with a visit from the Easter Bunny.  Merrick got a Hover Ball and a baseball glove and Carrigan got a Spot It game and nail polish.  They have already been putting them to use.  As you can see C.C. really likes painting our nails and Jeremy was a really good sport and even let her paint his toenails.  We had almond pastry for breakfast and talked about the true meaning of Easter.  I was so proud listening to Merrick talk about why we really celebrate Easter.  He really knows his stuff.  Soon it will be off to church and then to Ben and Becca's for dinner and another Easter egg hunt.













I can't believe that the week is almost over and tomorrow it will be back to reality.  I guess I should focus on how thankful I am that I love being with my family so much.  I don't think everyone feels that way and I really should stop taking that for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment