Sunday, May 17, 2015

Kindergarten Round-Up

In the spirit of full disclosure, let me say that the subject of this weeks blog, Merrick's kindergarten round-up, actually took place a week and a half ago.  I elected not to include it in last week's blog because I thought both that Carrigan deserved her own birthday blog and that said blog was lengthy enough without adding in any other topics.

In any case, a short while ago, Merrick had his kindergarten round-up.  The afternoon started in the gym where we met the principal and learned a bit about the school.  Then Merrick got to go with a real kindergarten teacher to a real kindergarten class and do real kindergarten things, while I stayed behind for the boring stuff (it actually was not boring at all learning that your kid is heading to a really great school in the best district in the state).



After all the learning was said and done, we went on a bus ride.  In foreshadowing of days to come, Merrick took off with his friends and left me behind.  I should start bracing myself now for the first day of school when he takes off and leaves me behind in a blubbery mess.


Many of you may know that last year I seriously considered sending Merrick to kindergarten early as he only missed the cutoff by 5 days, but in the end decided to keep him home one more year.  The funny thing is I think I felt more prepared to send him last year than this year.  I guess it is because last year it was my choice to send him, but this year, whether I am ready or not (and I am more not), he needs to go.  So here is to my baby, growing up and taking on the world of kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment