Sunday, September 28, 2014

Random Tidbits

I apologize in advance that this week's blog is going to be a little random to say the least.  This morning I was looking through some pictures from the last couple of weeks.  I noticed that there were a few that never really fit in any blogs and so had gotten passed over.  I decided that now would be as good a time as any for a blog with no semblance of flow or order (but some really cute pictures), so here we go:

CC is kind of a picky eater.  At least she is pickier than I remember Merrick being at her age.  In particular we have a hard time getting her to eat protein.  I am sure it is a texture thing and given that she does not have many teeth, meats can be hard for her to chew (not that she will try).  Also, since she is allergic to egg that eliminates one protein source that was a staple for Merrick when he was her age.  One thing she does love however is sauce.  We have a much easier time getting her to eat if what ever it is is covered in sauce, marinara in particular.  This night I had made some penne with marinara sauce.  She was wearing a dress that I didn't particularly want ruined so we decided to strip her down to her diaper and let he go to town.  Go to town she did, I think she ate twice as much as Merrick (and that is really saying something)

The beginning of the month was Merrick's birthday.  In addition to more toys that I can count, he also was given some money, a gift card to Target, and one to Toys R Us.  He begged and begged until I caved and let him go pick out some things.  After a lengthy deliberation, he determined that what he could not live without was Octonauts.  He bought the "Octopod" and a few accompanying play sets.  He is in little boy heaven.

At preschool this month our theme is "Back to School" and this week we have been talking about school buses.  In the, now three, years I have run the preschool we have never done a snack craft so it is kind of a big deal that this week we made edible school buses.  Merrick enjoyed making his, but enjoyed eating it even more (my assumption is that the same is true for most of the kids, but I wouldn't know because we sent the sugary treat home for them to eat)  

Since the newborn days I don't think I have any pictures of Carrigan sleeping.  She is a fairly light sleeper so I never feel like I can sneak in and get a picture of her without waking her up.  One day this week, however, she had taken a late nap and I needed to wake her up so that she would still sleep that night.  When I went in to get her, she was uncharacteristically dead to the world.  I decided to take advantage and snap a quick picture of my sleeping beauty.

Last but not least, despite it officially being fall, we are still enjoying some summertime weather.  On Friday we went to the park across the street from our house.  The park is flanked by a small area of "forest" that has some short trails in it.  Typically I am telling Merrick to stay out of the forest so that I can see him and CC, but on Friday he really wanted to go explore, so we did.  On one of the trails we found this tree swing, and even though there was a park just a few yard away with lots of swings, this swing was way cooler.  He is still talking about it and planning when he can take Daddy over to see it.

So there you have it.  Random, hodgepodge, but happy memories nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment