Sunday, September 21, 2014

He Did It!

The HUGE news this week is that Bar results finally are in and Jeremy PASSED!!!!!  Results were supposed to be posted online at 2pm Friday.  At 1:57 I could not wait anymore so I checked and they were there.  Jeremy and I huddled around the screen and braced ourselves.  The pass rate was low (only 65%) and when we saw that we both panicked.  After a quick prayer we once again regained the confidence to check.

Once we got to the "C"s I had planned to calmly look through the list but I found my eyes darting, searching frantically.  Jeremy had planned to first look for the name of "Clark" (a girl who he had gone to school with who was always immediately prior to him whenever they were in alphabetical order and whom he knew would pass) and then follow that down to his name.  The problem is when he looked below "Clark" he saw "Clayborne" rather than "Clifford" and he started to panic.  Thankfully, at that very instant, my darting had landed on "Clifford, Jeremy" and I started pointing and screaming.  The next hour was full of hugging, kissing, jumping, screaming, and calling and texting all those who were waiting for the news.  To say that it was a relief is the understatement of the year.

Once a bit of the adrenalin wore off we decided to go to dinner to celebrate.  Unfortunately, as Jeremy is fond of saying, we don't do big celebrations well.  We got stuck in downtown traffic for a long time, got stuck waiting for a train to pass, and once we finally got to the restaurant, it was closed.  We had planned a second stop for dessert so decided to head that way and find somewhere to eat nearby.  We ended up at a place called Pine Street Biscuits.  They make amazing biscuit sandwiches.  This is a photo I found online but it is what I ordered and pretty much exactly what mine looked like.  Jeremy and I really enjoyed it, but they kids were not huge fans.

The second stop was at the famous Salt and Straw for ice cream.  I had heard people raving about it for a long time, but we had never been.  Jeremy had sea salt with caramel ribbon, I had almond brickle with dark chocolate sea salt ganache, and the kids had apricot with citrus.  Despite the line it definitely did not disappoint.

After the we got home and the kids went to bed, Jeremy and I celebrated with an apple cider toast (in regular glasses because that is all we have and we are fancy like that).

We may not do big events well, but we were all on such a high that nothing was going to bring us down and in the end we had a great time.  And now with the Bar behind us we can finally breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment