Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Calm

This has been a very calm week. We had a short preschool week with a school holiday at the end of the week so we were done with classes by noon on Wednesday. I would like to say that I was very productive with all this extra time, but the truth of the matter is that I did a lot of resting and was able to spend some quality time with Merrick.

The big event of the week was taking Merrick for his three year well check. I don't think that anyone who spends much time with Merrick will be shocked to find out that he is a big boy. The doctor measured him at 40 lbs and 40 inches. I think he must have been slouching though because he was 40 inches when we went to Disneyland over a month ago, but even with bad posture he was still in the 95th percentile in both height and weight. It was funny because this was our first time seeing this doctor and I was filling her in on Merrick's medical history and we were talking about how he was in the 5th percentile for weight for the first year of his life. He sure has come a long way.

Other than the check-up, with some traumatic shots by the way, it was an enjoyably uneventful week. I am trying my best to savor every minute of it as next week will be anything but calm. In the next seven days we will have our ward pumpkin patch activity, my grandma comes to town, Lincoln will be blessed, Maude will have her baptism, and I will have my birthday. Hopefully all the extra rest I got this week will be enough to get me through...only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment