Sunday, October 7, 2012

Best Souvenir Ever

A month or so ago I blogged about our trip to California and Disneyland, but I left out one piece of information about the trip. We returned from Disneyland with the best souvenir ever (well in all fairness we actually took this souvenir with us to Disneyland we just did not know it).

I know it is hard to tell exactly what that is on my stomach, but it is a button that says "I'm celebrating" and the reason I/we were celebrating is that we found out in California Adventure that we were expecting. You may be wondering why we would find out in the park that we were expecting and it is a long story, but the short version is that I wanted to take a test just to give myself peace of mind before riding roller coasters all day and there was no time before we entered the park lest we not get tickets for The World of Color. As a compromise we stopped long enough for me to buy the test and I took it in the park.

With all the difficulty we had getting pregnant with Merrick, seeing the positive pregnancy was such a shock, but obviously a happy shock.

This past week I was finally able to have an ultrasound and confirm that everything is going well. I am now 11 weeks and the baby has a strong heartbeat. I am anxiously awaiting the end of the first trimester when I will hopefully start feeling a little better. Now we just have to wait two months to find out if Merrick is getting a brother or sister.

4 comments:

  1. So exciting and happy! Can't wait to find out what you're having! Any chance your heading to AZ this Christmas? I'd love to get together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! We are not going to make it to AZ this Christmas...I guess that means you will just have to come to Portland for a visit sometime :)

      Delete
  2. That's awesome Sarah! Congratulations to you and your little family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! I hope your family is doing well.

      Delete