Monday, July 9, 2012

Timbers, 4th, and Camping

This was a busy, fun week. Jeremy took his final for his Constitutional Law class on Monday. Tuesday we celebrated by going to a Portland Timbers soccer game. I left saying that anyone who ever says major league soccer is boring has never been to a game. It was the most fun I have ever had at a sporting event.

We sat in the "Timber's Army" section which is dedicated to the die hard fans. We did not sit during the entire game. Instead we cheered, shouted, and sang for all 90+ minutes. I really did not want to go to the game, but I am so glad Jeremy made me because it was a blast.



Wednesday was the 4th of July. We celebrated with a bar-b-que and fireworks at a neighbors house. It was a fun, late night. It does not get dark here until almost 10pm so it was way past bedtime even before the fireworks started. Merrick was excited about the fireworks in the beginning, but eventually decided he was done and ready to go home and get to bed.


We finished the busy week with a camping trip to Bend, Oregon. Ben and Becca's family went to Bend mid week and my parents, Jeremy, Merrick, and I joined them on Friday. Merrick is such an outdoor kid. We had a great time swimming, floating the river, playing catch, and just hanging out. We also got to see lot of wildlife up close and personal.






We got home from Bend late last night, which is why I am late in getting this blog done. We were all tired from the week and ready to sleep in our own bed, but it was a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment