Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

This picture is an oldie, but a goody. It was taken when Merrick was less than six months old and to me it represents foreshadowing of the great dad Jeremy would become.

Since it is Father's Day I just wanted to take a moment to express my love for all the wonderful fathers in my life.

First and foremost, I am grateful for Jeremy. I could not have asked for a better companion and partner. He is such a great dad and example. Sometimes I wish he would not teach Merrick boy things (like how to spit while playing baseball), but mostly he teaches him how to be respectful of me and how to become a great man one day.

I am grateful for my dad and Jeremy's dad. They are such examples of love, service and worthily holding the priesthood.

Lastly, I am thankful for all our grandfathers. Jeremy's grandpas are both still with us. One of my grandfathers has passed on and my grandpa Whyte is critically ill. All of these men, both those still with us and those who have passed on have taught us about faith, hard work, love and sacrifice.

I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to all the men in my life who have taught me, led me, and made me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment