Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Straw

I sit here waiting for inspiration on what to write about this week and I am at a bit of a loss. Usually I try to keep the blog kind of light, not that I pretend bad things don't happen to us, but I do try to focus on the positive. But at the end of this week, I am struggling to focus on the positive. Everyday brought a new challenge or difficultly (and often more than one) and by the end of the week I was feeling like the camel, waiting for the straw. It wasn't just us either. I has been a really tough week for many people we love.

So now I struggle with what to say about the week. To pretend it was an okay week would be false, on the other hand, most of what happened is too close to my heart to talk about in this type of forum.

What I can say is this week I lost my job. My boss has been out of money for a long time and has just been limping along, paying me out of her pocket just to keep us going. This week she realized she can't even do that anymore. Luckily Jeremy has a summer job right now so we will be okay while I figure out what is next, but it was still a really big blow.

Like I said, the rest I won't talk about right now, but it has definitely driven us to our knees. If you are wondering what you can do to help, if you have any leads on a job I would gladly take them and other than that, we could always use prayers. I know I will be praying hard for a better week next week.


1 comment:

  1. Sarah are there any teaching jobs in schools close to you? I am sure you have already looked at that avenue, or maybe not if you are trying to find something more part time. So sorry to hear that your family is going through difficult times. Remember when one door closes, God opens others. Maybe these difficulties are blessings in disguise. Hang in there girlie! You will definitely be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete