Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Vacation" Week

Last week was my last week of watching Ben and Becca's boys full-time and next week Becca and I start swapping watching each other's kids two days a week. This week though, Ben and Becca were out of town. While I still had to work my other job, I had more time than I have had in a long time to spend with my boys and wanted to make the most of it. Jeremy was also committed to our family week of fun and while he still had to study and go to class, we all made extra effort to do fun things together as a family.

Here are the highlights of our week:

We went for walks.

We had lunch at the Lake Oswego Creamery.

We went had a picnic in the park and fed the ducks/seagulls/geese. They were a little aggressive so we took refuge on some nearby rocks. My favorite part of this was when Merrick heard a familiar noise and said "That's a seagull mom. I usually punch them in the face"


We went shopping.

We went to multiple libraries (and even took time to explore the sculptures out front)

We capped off the week with fort night on Saturday night (I don't know who was more excited about it, Jeremy or Merrick) with pizza and "Handy Manny" all from the comfort of our fort.


It was a great week and a vacation without really being on vacation.




No comments:

Post a Comment