Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Death of the Freebie

This weekend we booked plane tickets to go to Arizona for Spring Break. This is the first time since Merrick turned two that we have flown. That means that this is the first time we have had to pay for a plane ticket for him. That is SOOOO depressing and it is not just the plane tickets.

Everywhere I turn it seems like the freebies are vanishing. I don't know why the universe decided that two is the magic age where the child is now a human being and needs to pay for all food and activities. Is it just me or is this crazy? Why can't we stagger it a few months and maybe loose one free thing every couple of months. Instead overnight the cost of raising a child sky rockets. There is a chance I am being ever so slightly dramatic, but it seems to me that the "terrible twos" are terrible enough without losing my free admission to the children's museum.

The one place that is still free...Disneyland. That freebie does not end until three so I guess it is still "the happiest place on earth" for another six months anyway. I am absolutely determined to take advantage of this before September. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment